Date de démarrage
Localisation du poste
Permanent or 18 months contract
We are looking for an Infrastructure Technical Lead for a permanent position or 18 months contract in Montreal.
Remote working will be possible until further notice.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Technology Solutions Delivery Director, the Infrastructure Technical Lead (ITL) acts as a technological leader and specialist related to all infrastructure technologies in the organization. Working hand in hand with Architects and IT Service Management Specialists, the ITL ensures architectural plans are aligned with infrastructure capacity and vision, delivering detailed design documents. He or she oversees the solutions build process from a technical standpoint and provides complex troubleshooting capabilities when required. He or she possesses skills that make them a subject matter expert in infrastructure, providing technical coaching and mentoring to system administrators.
- Responsible for establishing non-functional requirements (such as security, reliability, performance, maintainability, scalability, and usability) for all the new infrastructure components.
- Responsible to develop the best infrastructure solution along with detailed design that will solve business problem, while ensuring the efficiency (through automation) and stability (through monitoring)
- Interact with solutions and enterprise architects to ensure solution is optimal from an operations point of view,
- Provide professional opinion on:
o Introduction of new technology VS leveraging existing;
o Make VS Buy
- Working with the Infrastructure Delivery lead:
o Establish delivery plan and schedule
o Estimate the cost of the technology infrastructure (one time and recurring)
o Estimate the effort of building the solution
o Oversees solution build process from a technical standpoint to ensure compliance to architecture and detailed design
- Lead multidisciplinary team through fact findings, diagnosis and troubleshooting of complex issues/incident, including the challenging vendors on technical matters.
- Provide technical leadership to infrastructure related specialist (desktop analyst, system administrator, Database administrator, telecom specialist, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, Engineering or a combination of training in information technology and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in infrastructure
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong all-around IT Infrastructure knowledge and experience in technologies such as:
o Microsoft Software
o Cisco Networks and Unified Communication
- Effective at analysis and structured thinking
- Able to work effectively with ambiguous or little information
- Strong technical leadership and innovative problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork, collaboration, and good organizational, planning, prioritization capabilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent ability to write clear, concise and rigorous documents including technical high-level diagram and business case support documentation.